About SereneIT, Inc.
At our core, SereneIT, Inc. is a “Focused” Managed Service Provider – dedicated to augmenting existing clients staff to manage modern IT complexities. Whether you have an unexpected hardware malfunction or are struggling with modernizing legacy systems, our technologists will find a swift and simple resolution. At SereneIT, we are more than a team of problem solving professionals. As much as we excel at supporting our clients through the most complex, business-threatening issues, we would much rather help them design a system that eliminates complications before they arise.
We're transforming IT, and looking for talented people to join our team. Do you bring a Serene calm in your approach to IT? Apply below.
L1 IT Support Administrator
Support role at SereneIT, Inc. consists of managing legacy to modern, cutting edge IT environment running nearly everything you can image in the open systems environment. The core infrastructure is comprised of a vast array of client hardware (HPE, Dell, EMC, IBM, etc.) utilizing virtual server technology from (VMware and Microsoft HyperV), with Windows and Linux being the two most common operating environments.
Furthermore, this position will be responsible for triage and supporting thousands of on-premise and cloud-based hosts. Core switching and routing equipment will also be included in the day to day operations of support involving all forms of network interconnects and monitoring. We utilize some of the most advanced cyber security tools and approaches available to help keep our environment and our clients environment safe and protected. We employ IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS solutions for rapid solution delivery and virtual desktop infrastructure to support 24/7 operations requirements. As we continue to grow, we continue to strategically look for innovative ways to enhance SereneIT’s IT solutions.
• Adhere to the company’s values and behaviors while providing competent, service-oriented 1st level support to employees and end-users
• Serve as the primary point of escalation for the helpdesk and own and resolve Level 2 incident support and request cases
• Follow up with customers on open support cases, provide feedback and see problems through to resolution
• Provide application, server, networking and triage issues as necessary for elevation to L3
• Research problems and identifies trends to strategically address IT needs • Track, route and redirect issues to the correct resources
• Participate in the IT Out-of-Hours On-Call support rotation following the company’s incident response and escalation policy
• Participate in the IT Change Management process, where required
• Develop communication channels with the departmental application owner and technical points of contacts for their key business applications and learn how and why they use them
• Collaborate with organization counterparts and department team members • Participate in job-specific training and grow your knowledge of help desk procedures, products and services
• Troubleshoot and support complex systems/apps like: Veeam, Zerto (Backup and DR), MSSQL, VMware, HyperV, Cluster Technologies.
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Minimum Education: Associate’s Degree in an information technology or related field, or demonstrated comparable experience
• Preferred Education: Bachelor’s Degree in an information technology related field
• MCSA and CCNA certifications preferred, not required
• Minimum of 4 years’ experience providing Level 2 support to employees in a corporate environment
• Experience installing, configuring, administrating and maintaining corporate desktop work environments, including desktop, phone, MS Windows and desktop peripherals
• Experience with Windows PCs, Android, and iOS mobile devices
• Preference given to candidates with the following application support experience; MSSQL, Oracle, Shared Storage (HPE, Dell, HDS), Backup AD & GPO in-depth knowledge, PowerShell skills, Labtech (Automate), ConnectWise (Manage), Skype for Business telephony, Office 365, VMware Horizon VDI, and Dynamics 365, Veeam, Zerto, VMware, HyperV, (Shared Storage from Dell, HPE, HDS), Networking skills, Firewall skills, proven track record for working remote (with references).
• Strong analytical skills
• Strong organizational and planning skills
• Works well both alone or in a team setting
• Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent customer service skills