Inefficiencies within your data center and cloud infrastructure are holding your organization back in numerous ways. Mundane tasks for server maintenance eat into your IT resources, waste your teams’ time and ultimately drag down your bottom line. Worse yet, if your in-house experts are spending a good chunk of their time on these inefficient processes, then you’re inadvertently thwarting their ability to help the business optimize for the future.
Data center automation can eliminate these inefficiencies by streamlining processes and significantly reducing the need for human involvement – so your teams can focus on the big picture.
What is data center automation?
Data center automation is the process of automating routine processes, workflows and other management tasks that are typically performed manually within a data center. The automation can be applied to core infrastructure components—server, data storage and network—and is typically powered by specialized software solutions.
For the purposes of this post, we’ll be focusing specifically on server automation.
Server automation refers more precisely to the process of streamlining routine server operations, such as the deployment and management of applications.
Depending on the solution, this automation can bring process efficiency to:
- Configuration management
- Compliance management
- Script execution
What are the benefits?
Automating your data-center servers can deliver numerous benefits by increasing efficiency in both your infrastructure and operations.
Key benefits include:
- Streamlining time-consuming processes that typically need to be performed manually.
- Boosting system efficiency and performance.
- Increasing agility and scalability, allowing for swifter, more dynamic growth.
- Dramatically increasing operational efficiency by reducing the need for tedious server-management tasks.
- Reduced risk of human error, as well as increased security.
- Freeing up time for IT teams to be more productive on growth-oriented projects.
Each of these benefits can help to accelerate time to value (TTV) of your IT deployments and deliver substantial savings to your bottom line.
How does it work?
Data center automation uses software to unify your physical, virtual and cloud infrastructure. The software uses orchestration to automatically perform and prioritize a wide range of processes that typically involve a lengthy series of complex steps.
For example: Some automation tools enable you to replicate the repetition of traditional point-and-click system management via API calls directly from your application. In turn, this allows you to seamlessly provision and scale thousands of instances at once.
At SereneIT, we leverage a range of software solutions to deliver custom-fit, IT process automation for each organization.
Our solutions include:
- VMware & VRealize Automation (vRA): For rapid deployment of services across a number of hypervisors and public clouds.
- Ansible (by Red Hat): For automating cloud provisioning, configuration management, application deployment, intra-service orchestration and many other IT needs.
- Terraform and Packer: For automating deployment and building, changing and versioning infrastructure more efficiently.
Every solution is designed and deployed according to each business’s unique needs.
Ready to transform your business?
Get back on the competitive edge with confidence. Contact us for more information on how you can transform your business with datacenter server automation from SereneIT. Contact email@example.com or ping us on LinkedIn!